Monday 9 March 2015

Tips to Pack a Winter Destination Breaks

Leave a Comment
How to Pack for a Winter Destination?

Packing for a cold, snowy destination is always a challenge. Throw in woolly jumpers, thick coats and snow boots and your luggage is full already! I love cold city breaks and after each one I have learnt something new. So here are a few tips that I have picked up on my travels:


Wear Cumbersome Clothes on the Flights:

Wearing you bulkiest coat and boots on the flights will save you tons of space in your luggage. By doing this I’ve often managed to just get away with carry-on luggage for those shorter weekend breaks. I always take my scarf on board too as it can double up as a blanket when it gets too chilly on the plane.


Packing Planning:

As for any holiday packing, having an idea on what your holiday plans are and then pre-planning outfits, is key for having a rationalised suitcase. Try to pick clothes that you can interchange. Be tough! Ask yourself if and when you’re going to wear each thing, if you can’t, leave it behind.

How to Keep & Maintain Warm:

You’ve probably heard it before but wearing layers really is the key to keeping warm when you’re out and about. Good quality thermal layers underneath a nice woollen jumper should do the job. The part I always find gets the coldest is my legs (I nearly froze to death walking around Berlin one December night!).


Good Quality Boots and Coat:

A good quality winter coat can make a difference and is really worth the investment. Having made many coat mistakes in the past, I now have a well-insulated down filled coat (a Marmott brand coat) and on a cold day in London it keeps me warm with just one thick layer underneath.


0 comments:

Post a Comment